Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, it jumpstarts your metabolism and converts the fuel in food to energy. Is essential to start the day with a healthy breakfast rich in whole grains, fiber, and protein; choosing healthy foods can increase attention span, concentration, mood, memory and keep weight under control. People who choose not to have breakfast often get famished before lunchtime and snack on high calorie foods or overeat at lunch; that said we have gathered five healthy breakfast recipes for you to try!
- Breakfast Burrito:Make a breakfast burrito using wheat tortillas, egg whites, rinsed canned beans (pinto or black), fat-free cheese and salsa.
- Breakfast Parfait: Prepare a bowl of yogurt with fresh strawberries, greek yogurt and muesli cereal. If you have a sweet tooth, try adding a drip of honey on top!
- Scrambled Eggs: Create a protein rich scrambled with asparagus, eggs, fresh goat cheese and smoked salmon!
- Protein Packed Oatmeal: Add sliced almonds, honey, ground flaxseed and vanilla yogurt to a plain instant oatmeal packet. A quick and easy addition to a classic breakfast.
- Multigrain Waffles: Prepare whole wheat waffle batter then top with berries and a little syrup for flavor.
We’ve supplied you with a week of quick, healthy breakfasts! When preparing them, remember serving size and try to use condiments sparingly. We hope that you have enjoyed these recipes and are eager to try them, for a complete recipe guide visit this site:
For all of your chiropractic needs please come visit Petett Chiropractic!