The bigger the bag, the bigger the problems! While we use our backpacks, briefcases, and purses to store important items, it is crucial to not overload ourselves with unnecessary weight. Here are a few problems that can result from toting a heavy bag:
- Increase risk of developing scoliosis or kyphosis
- Tension headaches resulting from constant pressure on the back of neck and shoulders
- Osteoartheritis or degenerate joint disease in the shoulders
- Straining in upper back and neck muscles from reguarly carrying a heavy weight in one position
- Nerve microtrauma in the arm, resulting in tingling and numbness
Feeling strain in your back, neck, or shoulders? Give us a call at (425) 277-2225 or contact us online to schedule an appointment today!