It’s interesting to think the way we had to survive thousands of years ago was through constant motion.
While our bodies still crave motion and movement, the way many of us with laptops and phones survive now is much different. Much less movement, much more inertia.
Now the battle is going to the gym or sinking into the couch primed for the next Netflix binge. It’s making a healthy meal or Doordashing chicken strips and french fries.
It’s one of the greatest struggles we face in a sedentary society. And the main culprit? We’re not moving as much as we should. So while humanity advances in many ways and areas, our health has started to take a backseat.
Still…we are all works in progress.
And you are the greatest project you will ever work on.
As we get ready to shift into the new year and officiate our goals in ink – it’s a good time to ask yourself why you want to live healthier and what that would truly mean for your future.
Creating healthy lifestyle habits (in addition to diet and exercise) has a profound effect on your outlook on life.
It’s much easier to look at the bright side when your body’s not constantly in pain.
When you have energy to wake up in the morning and go to work.
When you feel confident to wear the denim jumpsuit you’ve been eyeing.
When you can keep up with the kids and do activities and sports with them.
Getting healthier in 2022
Optimism and affirmations are great when beginning your health journey. But once you believe you can make healthier changes, the key is to take action and keep moving.
Here are some tips for moving towards a healthier new year.
- Positive Affirmations – the practice of nurturing empowerment and improvement through a positive attitude for achieving success. Ex: “I appreciate and love my body.” or “The older I get the healthier I become.”
- Start with the basics – good health is based on a foundation of diet and exercise. The goal is to maintain eating healthier for the long-term so you will have an easier time making changes that are small and gradual. It’s ok (actually more than ok) to take baby steps!
- Get your vitamin ZZZzzzzz – Sleeping well plays a huge role in your healing, energy and overall health. Even the positions you sleep in can affect your body the next day for good or bad.
- Drink water – In pain? Drink water. Want to lose weight? Drink water. Not sure how it’s already 2022? Drink water!
- Keep track of your health – The goals you set will be easier to achieve if you know where you’re starting. Keep a journal for food, exercise and mental health. And don’t forget to get regular check ups from your dentist, doctor and chiropractor.
How chiropractic care can help get the body you want
We believe when you look good, you feel good. And when you feel good, you do good for yourself and others.
Chiropractic care can help you with your health goals by helping your body regain the ability to move the way it’s meant to. Relieving your body from pain and aligning your spine can remove subluxations (dysfunctions in the spine) making exercising easier and diet changes more effective.
Being able to move and workout without any pain should enable longer, more intense workouts that have the ability to burn more calories. The result? Greater weight loss and a healthier, stronger body.
Petett Chiropractic will go above and beyond to ensure your future is healthy and happy. Let’s make 2022 your best year yet!
A special thanks from us to you
What a year it’s been! As we look on to the next we want to thank you for being part of our community and supporting us. Cheers to life and spines being aligned!!
Thank you and see you in 2022.